BRISTOL, Tenn. - The rain that fell Thursday put a damper on some downtown Bristol activities.
The 16th annual concert series had to be moved indoors to the Paramount Thursday evening because of the weather. Thursday night's show was 'Denny as Kenny,' a Kenny Chesney impersonator.
We spoke to Denny and event organizers who tell us the weather won't stop them from having a great time. "I really hate it, but, that's the way it goes. We've had plenty of weather," Denny says.
"We couldn't turn the crowd away because everyone wanted to come see him tonight, so, we just moved everything to Paramount. Paramount was gracious enough to make the facility available to us and it's turned out really well," Terrie Talbert, Bristol, Tennessee Director of Community Relations says
The free concert series is held every Tuesday and Thursday now until early October.
- New Another 'Chicken Head Mafia' member sentenced in drug case
- 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities