BRISTOL, Tenn. - While at Bristol Motor Speedway, one group was there to help visitors any way possible -- including spiritually.
Raceway Ministries represents about 50 churches that come together as one to help race fans from taking them to the hospital, if needed, to handing out Bibles.
Their ministries have been at the track since 1992. Director Tom Elam tells us it all works because of relationships made over those years.
"We have a great relationship with the Bristol Motor Speedway. We work under their umbrella; and we have a great relationship with the fans. We love the fans, we're here to bless them and to share Christ with them when they will give us the opportunity," adds Elam.
You can find Raceway Ministries both inside and outside of the track.
14 hospitality tents can be found outside the track and 14 more tents can be found inside the track by the grandstands.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death