BRISTOL, Tenn. - Race week in Bristol is upon us and fans are starting to roll into the campgrounds.
Campers we spoke to Sunday have been waiting almost a week now to set up their mobile homes and hang their race flags.
News 5 caught up with Roger Morgan from North Carolina. He's been coming to Bristol race week for the past 40 years and is a lifelong NASCAR fan. He says it's a reunion and a great way to meet people from all over the country.
"This is the best track. I've been to several of them and you can see the whole track from anywhere you're at. You can see the whole track and that's why I like this track," says Morgan.
The race begins next Saturday at 8.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death