BRISTOL, Tenn. - Race week in Bristol is upon us and fans are starting to roll into the campgrounds.
Campers we spoke to Sunday have been waiting almost a week now to set up their mobile homes and hang their race flags.
News 5 caught up with Roger Morgan from North Carolina. He's been coming to Bristol race week for the past 40 years and is a lifelong NASCAR fan. He says it's a reunion and a great way to meet people from all over the country.
"This is the best track. I've been to several of them and you can see the whole track from anywhere you're at. You can see the whole track and that's why I like this track," says Morgan.
The race begins next Saturday at 8.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities