BRISTOL, Tenn. - Race week in Bristol is upon us and fans are starting to roll into the campgrounds.
Campers we spoke to Sunday have been waiting almost a week now to set up their mobile homes and hang their race flags.
News 5 caught up with Roger Morgan from North Carolina. He's been coming to Bristol race week for the past 40 years and is a lifelong NASCAR fan. He says it's a reunion and a great way to meet people from all over the country.
"This is the best track. I've been to several of them and you can see the whole track from anywhere you're at. You can see the whole track and that's why I like this track," says Morgan.
The race begins next Saturday at 8.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests