BRISTOL, Tenn. - Race week in Bristol is upon us and fans are starting to roll into the campgrounds.
Campers we spoke to Sunday have been waiting almost a week now to set up their mobile homes and hang their race flags.
News 5 caught up with Roger Morgan from North Carolina. He's been coming to Bristol race week for the past 40 years and is a lifelong NASCAR fan. He says it's a reunion and a great way to meet people from all over the country.
"This is the best track. I've been to several of them and you can see the whole track from anywhere you're at. You can see the whole track and that's why I like this track," says Morgan.
The race begins next Saturday at 8.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next