BRISTOL, Va. - A lovable pup is training to be a therapy dog at National Health Care.
However, Lily is special, because she is missing one of her paws. After the help of Bristol Orthotics and Prosthetics, she was able to get a prosthetic paw.
Heather Mullin, Lily's owner, told us she is now on her second prosthetic paw and expects a few more before she is fully grown. She says she's adjusting to it very well. "She's doing great. I think everyone is really impressed with how she's taken to it. She doesn't seem to mind it that much. She has some off time with it when she's resting, but for the most part she's wearing it most of the day," said Mullin.
Mullin said they are monitoring the leg to check for any discomfort or harm to the puppy.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam