JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Another step forward for the new Washington County-Johnson City Animal Control Center.
Thursday night, the Johnson City Commission approved a resolution authorizing debt service payments for the construction of the new Washington County-Johnson City Animal Control Center.
The city appropriated $1.5 million for the shelter.
The shelter is still seeking donations.
"The past two years people have been really hesitant to donate, and also hesitant to get excited because there have been so may false starts," said shelter director Debbie Dobbs.
If you would like to donate, call the shelter at (423) 926-8769.
Construction is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting