JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Another step forward for the new Washington County-Johnson City Animal Control Center.
Thursday night, the Johnson City Commission approved a resolution authorizing debt service payments for the construction of the new Washington County-Johnson City Animal Control Center.
The city appropriated $1.5 million for the shelter.
The shelter is still seeking donations.
"The past two years people have been really hesitant to donate, and also hesitant to get excited because there have been so may false starts," said shelter director Debbie Dobbs.
If you would like to donate, call the shelter at (423) 926-8769.
Construction is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane