BRISTOL, Va. - The Bristol Historic Association welcomes a guest speaker Monday, who will present on the Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
Dr. Jessica Turner, the Director and Head Curator of the Museum, will speak at the Bristol Public Library. Dr. Turner is also a Virginia Intermont College professor, teaching cultural heritage students and public arts.
Monday night, Dr. Turner will discuss the museum's upcoming opening and the facility's features, which will include exhibits, education programs, films and live music performances. The museum is set to open in August.
Dr. Turner's presentation on the new museum takes place at 6:30 Monday night. For more information on the event, visit www.bristolhistoricalassociation.com.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record