BRISTOL, Va. - BVU crews say they restored power to 2,000 customers who lost service on Thursday night.
The problem started about 10:00 p.m. Thursday when a raccoon got into a a substation on Volunteer Parkway.
Power went out to customers on the Virginia side of Bristol.
BVU crews quickly made repairs and got electricity back on by about 10:45 p.m.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin