BRISTOL, Va. - BVU crews say they restored power to 2,000 customers who lost service on Thursday night.
The problem started about 10:00 p.m. Thursday when a raccoon got into a a substation on Volunteer Parkway.
Power went out to customers on the Virginia side of Bristol.
BVU crews quickly made repairs and got electricity back on by about 10:45 p.m.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson