BRISTOL, Va. - In 2005 the area known as The Village off of Exit 7 along Interstate 81 was first developed. Months later the first to move in was Cracker Barrel.
Seven years later the restaurant could soon be getting its first neighbor, The Hilton Garden Inn.
The proposal would put the hotel in lots five and six, and it is expected to be five stories tall, with about 100 guest rooms.
The total project will cost approximately $9 million dollars and could offer up to 40 new jobs.
It is not a done deal.
The Bristol, Va. City Council and the Industrial Development Authority would not comment on the development, saying nothing is official. They will meet Tuesday February 12th to discuss the proposal.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries