BRISTOL, Va. - In 2005 the area known as The Village off of Exit 7 along Interstate 81 was first developed. Months later the first to move in was Cracker Barrel.
Seven years later the restaurant could soon be getting its first neighbor, The Hilton Garden Inn.
The proposal would put the hotel in lots five and six, and it is expected to be five stories tall, with about 100 guest rooms.
The total project will cost approximately $9 million dollars and could offer up to 40 new jobs.
It is not a done deal.
The Bristol, Va. City Council and the Industrial Development Authority would not comment on the development, saying nothing is official. They will meet Tuesday February 12th to discuss the proposal.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Updated Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- Updated Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison