BRISTOL, Va. - In 2005 the area known as The Village off of Exit 7 along Interstate 81 was first developed. Months later the first to move in was Cracker Barrel.
Seven years later the restaurant could soon be getting its first neighbor, The Hilton Garden Inn.
The proposal would put the hotel in lots five and six, and it is expected to be five stories tall, with about 100 guest rooms.
The total project will cost approximately $9 million dollars and could offer up to 40 new jobs.
It is not a done deal.
The Bristol, Va. City Council and the Industrial Development Authority would not comment on the development, saying nothing is official. They will meet Tuesday February 12th to discuss the proposal.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment