Postal workers accidentally pepper sprayed
Employees rushed to hospital
A letter carrier's pepper spray typically used to fend off aggressive dogs accidentally went off inside a post office, sending three employees to the hospital to have their eyes flushed.
Workers in the Portland, Ore., post office first noticed that there was something wrong with the air quality and fled the facility. 911 was called and firefighters reported to the scene to deal with the chemical contamination, according to The Associated Press..
The spray used by mail carriers is a heavy-duty version of pepper spray known as bear spray. It is unknown how the spray was discharged inside the post office.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.