BRISTOL, Va. - A day after receiving disappointing news, Virginia Intermont College got some good news on August 23.
The college says a Georgia Federal District Court entered an order restoring accreditation to the school immediately.
The day before, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges announced it would uphold its decision to remove the college from its membership.
VI President Dr. Clorisa Phillips says the court's ruling will allow the college to remain a member of SACS while working toward a long-term resolution.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million