BRISTOL, Va. - A day after receiving disappointing news, Virginia Intermont College got some good news on August 23.
The college says a Georgia Federal District Court entered an order restoring accreditation to the school immediately.
The day before, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges announced it would uphold its decision to remove the college from its membership.
VI President Dr. Clorisa Phillips says the court's ruling will allow the college to remain a member of SACS while working toward a long-term resolution.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction