BRISTOL, Va. - A day after receiving disappointing news, Virginia Intermont College got some good news on August 23.
The college says a Georgia Federal District Court entered an order restoring accreditation to the school immediately.
The day before, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges announced it would uphold its decision to remove the college from its membership.
VI President Dr. Clorisa Phillips says the court's ruling will allow the college to remain a member of SACS while working toward a long-term resolution.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend