BRISTOL, Va. - A day after receiving disappointing news, Virginia Intermont College got some good news on August 23.
The college says a Georgia Federal District Court entered an order restoring accreditation to the school immediately.
The day before, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges announced it would uphold its decision to remove the college from its membership.
VI President Dr. Clorisa Phillips says the court's ruling will allow the college to remain a member of SACS while working toward a long-term resolution.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport