BRISTOL, Va. - Congressman Paul Ryan spent some time with the hosts of his Bristol, Virginia rally, Universal Fibers.
Ryan took a private tour of the plant before he spoke to the crowd out on the lawn. The company makes various textiles at their facility and exports them across the world.
CEO Marc Ammen told News 5 he was honored to bring Ryan inside and have conversations about how government can help business.
"I was impressed that he was actually very inquisitive about that and asked the following questions to let me know he really cared what he was asking about," said Ammen.
Ryan also mentioned Universal Fibers in his talk at the rally on Thursday, emphasizing the need to foster small business growth.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day