BRISTOL, Va. - Congressman Paul Ryan spent some time with the hosts of his Bristol, Virginia rally, Universal Fibers.
Ryan took a private tour of the plant before he spoke to the crowd out on the lawn. The company makes various textiles at their facility and exports them across the world.
CEO Marc Ammen told News 5 he was honored to bring Ryan inside and have conversations about how government can help business.
"I was impressed that he was actually very inquisitive about that and asked the following questions to let me know he really cared what he was asking about," said Ammen.
Ryan also mentioned Universal Fibers in his talk at the rally on Thursday, emphasizing the need to foster small business growth.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend