Tennessee Republicans have made history with this latest election.
They now hold a super-majority in the state House and the state Senate.
In the 3rd District, freshman lawmaker Timothy Hill beat out Democrat Leah Kirk by a landslide; he received 75 percent of the vote.
We had a chance to catch up with him and get his thoughts on getting a chance to work with a super-majority his first year in congress. "It changes things from throwing bombs in the minority," he said. "Now the focus is on us to lead the state and work hard."
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream