KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Tennessee Speaker of the House Beth Harwell took a trip to the Tri-Cities Tuesday.
News 5 caught up with the Nashville Republican at state representative Tony Shipley's headquarters in Kingsport. There she talked politics and what to expect at this year's general assembly.
"The first thing we always do is balance that budget, and the second thing we're going to have before us this year is of course Obamacare," she said. "Because if it is implemented, it will be devastating to our state's budget and it's going to take a tremendous amount of work."
Harwell also says following the presidential election she'd like to see more power to given to state governments.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim