JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Congressman Phil Roe is on the campaign trail.
Roe announced his bid for re-election on Monday. He's seeking his fourth term as representative of Tennessee's First Congressional district.
Roe was elected in 2008 and serves as a member of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs and the Education and the Workforce Committee.
He will go up against Republican challengers Daniel J. Hartley and John Paul Rader in the August primary election.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect