JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Congressman Phil Roe is on the campaign trail.
Roe announced his bid for re-election on Monday. He's seeking his fourth term as representative of Tennessee's First Congressional district.
Roe was elected in 2008 and serves as a member of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs and the Education and the Workforce Committee.
He will go up against Republican challengers Daniel J. Hartley and John Paul Rader in the August primary election.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator