BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia's Attorney General and Republican candidate for governor, Ken Cuccinelli, made a campaign stop in Bristol Thursday.
The Cuccinelli campaign held a meet and greet at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum in downtown Bristol.
The Attorney General spoke on a variety of topics, including coal, the Affordable Care Act, jobs and taxes.
Cuccinelli also said he wanted to set the record straight on another hot button campaign issue, gas royalties in southwest Virginia.
"The Inspector General report came out, cleared me. And we fought for those land owners, and because we did, over 90% of them are getting their royalties, while the other 10% squabble. And I'm the only candidate with a plan to solve that 10 %," said Cuccinelli.
That report, released Tuesday, shows that Virginia's inspector general found that a deputy in Cuccinelli's office improperly collaborated with energy companies in the legal dispute over natural gas royalties in southwest Virginia.
The landowners had filed lawsuits claiming the energy companies cheated them out of tens of millions or dollars in royalty payments, which the companies deny.
Election day is Tuesday, November 5th.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon