BRISTOL, Va. - A local college is conducting a few polls of its own in the race to be the nation's next commander and chief.
Virginia Intermont College students conducted a campus straw poll today for its political science and history classes.
They asked students, faculty and staff on campus whom they are planning to vote for.
The choices were President Obama, Mitt Romney, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein and Virgil Goode. "I feel like this is a very quick decision. A lot of people don't put in the research and effort it takes to really determine who's going to be leading our country," said Mary Thomson.
The school says it will conduct another straw poll to compare the scores and see if the next presidential debate affects the votes.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day