(CNN) -- The Pentagon has "put a proposal on the table" for U.S. military forces to train and equip moderate Syrian opposition forces for the first time, two Obama administration officials told CNN. The idea has been under consideration since the August 21 chemical weapons attack outside Damascus. There are few specifics, but both officials said the effort envisions training taking place in a country near Syria. No decision has been made.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays
- Oregon football player suspended for snowball fight
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting