(CNN) -- The U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed a compromise student loan bill that would roll back a rate hike on some loans that took effect July 1 and tie future rates to financial markets. The vote was 81 to 18. The White House supports the measure, and the House is expected to pass it by the end of next week.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?