(CNN) -- President Barack Obama has authority to act without Congress -- even if it rejects his request for authorization to use military force in Syria, a senior administration official told CNN on Saturday. The official was expanding on what the president said in his Rose Garden statement: "... while I believe I have the authority to carry out this military action without specific congressional authorization, I know that the country will be stronger if we take this course, and our actions will be even more effective."
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army