(CNN) -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, on Saturday said he and his counterpart, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, are involved in "cordial" and "preliminary" negotiations to reopen the government and extend the debt ceiling. Reid also said that the bipartisan proposal led by Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, is no longer on the table.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- $50,000 dropped in Salvation Army kettle
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army