(CNN) -- The House on Saturday night voted 229-192 to begin debate on Republican-backed amendments to delay Obamacare for a year and wipe out a tax on medical devices. The debate sets the stage for votes later Saturday night in a continuing standoff with the Democratic-controlled Senate on a budget deal to avert a government shutdown.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays
- Oregon football player suspended for snowball fight
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- Couple calls 911 over hash browns
- Jogger knocked out by flying deer
- World's thinnest condom is 1/6 width of human hair