(CNN) -- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Saturday announced that most of the Defense Department civilian workers "placed on emergency furlough during the government shutdown will be asked to return to work beginning next week." That would make up roughly half of the 800,000 federal workers furloughed for the past five days.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?