Experts have said failing to reach a fiscal cliff deal and devise a framework for a broader deficit reduction package to be negotiated when the new Congress is seated in January will cause economic turmoil. The non-partisan Tax Policy Center estimates that middle-class families would pay about $2,000 a year more in taxes without action.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Same disputes plague fiscal cliff debate
All signs point to continuing standoff
POSTED: 12:19 PM Dec 04 2012 UPDATED: 6:07 PM Dec 04 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?
- 'Angel of 9-11:' Some see face in twisted wreckage
- Jesse Owens' medal bidding tops $200,000
- Colo. woman busted for topless haircuts
- Beloved, officially ugly dog dies
- Couple: Anti-gay note is a fraud