"It would be wise on their part not to come too quickly with a deal because that would give all the interest groups a chance to get organized and try to kill it," Conrad said. "And we know that on the right, on the left, special interest groups are just salivating at the chance to attack any agreement because, look, any agreement is going to have controversy attached to it."
Popular now on WCYB.com
GOP threatens political war next year
Republicans losing battle over higher taxes on wealthy
POSTED: 10:53 AM Dec 11 2012 UPDATED: 7:51 PM Dec 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Homeless man creates new app
- Boy stops traffic to save dog hit by car
- Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Swim champ gives rival his trophy
- Airline surprises passengers with Christmas gifts
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Feral cats take over nativity scene
- Man pulls ax over cold McDonald's fries
- TipsforJesus' bounty continues for holidays