"It would be wise on their part not to come too quickly with a deal because that would give all the interest groups a chance to get organized and try to kill it," Conrad said. "And we know that on the right, on the left, special interest groups are just salivating at the chance to attack any agreement because, look, any agreement is going to have controversy attached to it."
Popular now on WCYB.com
GOP threatens political war next year
Republicans losing battle over higher taxes on wealthy
POSTED: 10:53 AM Dec 11 2012 UPDATED: 7:51 PM Dec 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?