"It would be wise on their part not to come too quickly with a deal because that would give all the interest groups a chance to get organized and try to kill it," Conrad said. "And we know that on the right, on the left, special interest groups are just salivating at the chance to attack any agreement because, look, any agreement is going to have controversy attached to it."
GOP threatens political war next year
Republicans losing battle over higher taxes on wealthy
POSTED: 10:53 AM Dec 11 2012 UPDATED: 7:51 PM Dec 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- TGI Fridays accused of selling fake liquor
- 84-year-old indicted for drug trafficking
- Teen finds worm in McMuffin
- Mom dies, gives birth, then is revived
- Spectacular tech 'firsts' up for auction
- Does basketball star's massive back tattoo have a typo?
- Man builds pirate ship, sells it on Craigslist
- Sisters tossed from mall over cancer hats
- Cashier sells herself winning lotto ticket