"It would be wise on their part not to come too quickly with a deal because that would give all the interest groups a chance to get organized and try to kill it," Conrad said. "And we know that on the right, on the left, special interest groups are just salivating at the chance to attack any agreement because, look, any agreement is going to have controversy attached to it."
GOP threatens political war next year
Republicans losing battle over higher taxes on wealthy
POSTED: 10:53 AM Dec 11 2012 UPDATED: 7:51 PM Dec 11 2012
Copyright 2012 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- 'Anti-pervert' hairy leggings all the rage in China
- Sesame Street: 'P' is for prison and that's OK
- Man survives 15-story fall in New Zealand
- Cat runs for mayor in Mexico
- Bank error shows woman $300 million in debt
- Wendy's worker fired over Frosty-guzzling photo
- Kids burning ants spark wildfire
- Suspected burglar caught hiding in dryer
- Woman sues Culver's after walking into glass