ABINGDON, Va. - Officers trying to serve an arrest warrant end up finding an alleged meth lab in the process.
Abingdon police went to an apartment on Holston Street Sunday afternoon.
They say they saw Donny Wayne Higgins toss out trash and officers later determined it contained the waste from a meth lab.
Officers went to the door of the apartment and they said Higgins gave them permission to search the apartment.
Police said that during their search, they found more ingredients used in making meth.
Higgins is now facing several drug charges.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics