ABINGDON, Va. - Officers trying to serve an arrest warrant end up finding an alleged meth lab in the process.
Abingdon police went to an apartment on Holston Street Sunday afternoon.
They say they saw Donny Wayne Higgins toss out trash and officers later determined it contained the waste from a meth lab.
Officers went to the door of the apartment and they said Higgins gave them permission to search the apartment.
Police said that during their search, they found more ingredients used in making meth.
Higgins is now facing several drug charges.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake