ABINGDON, Va. - There was a reported hit and run collision at 15305 Black Hollow Road in Abingdon Tuesday afternoon.
When we got on scene, Virginia State Police told us a light-colored Toyota hit a blue Chevy Cavalier.
The driver of the Toyota was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center. Officers at the scene did not know the extent of his injuries.
VSP told us two people in the Cavalier took off into the woods. Two VSP K-9 units were called in to search for them.
"[We] tracked them a ways , then apparently they came back down the road and either called somebody to pick them up, we don't know," said Roy Owens, with VSP. "[The] track went up the hill and then turned come back down toward the road."
Officers left the scene after almost two hours of searching. They were not able to tell us the identity of any of the people involved in the accident.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane