BOSTON, Ma. - Authorities say one of the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing is dead and a massive manhunt is underway for another.
The Middlesex District Attorney says the two men are suspected of killing and MIT police officer at the college late Thursday then stealing a car at gunpoint and later releasing the driver unharmed.
Police believe they also robbed a 7-11.
Authorities say all of that led to a chase. And, they say the suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it into Watertown.
The suspects and police exchanged gunfire and one of the suspects was injured and later died at the hospital.
Police say the suspect on the loose is a terrorist who came here to kill people. They say both men are from overseas.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon