BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia Police are searching for information about "Airsoft" BBs, or pellet, shooting incidents that have happened in the past few days around the city.
Police say the first report was on May 1st around 4:00 in the afternoon. They say a man was shot while standing on the sidewalk in the 1300 block of Euclid Avenue.
On May 2nd, police say, two people were shot with the BBs while driving in the 1000 block of Old Airport Road. A suspect vehicle description was given in these two incidents, describing a red SUV, possibly being a Chevrolet. The shooter was described as a white male with brown hair, and possibly being in his 20's.
Within an hour of the second incident, police say, a third incident was reported at a home on Massachusetts Avenue. The suspect vehicle description in this incident was a green SUV, possibly a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee.
There were also two calls about similar incidents Friday, May 3rd, in the 1300 block of New Hampshire Avenue, as well as on McKinley Avenue. The suspect vehicle on New Hampshire Avenue was again described as a red SUV, possibly a Chevrolet. The vehicle at the incident on McKinley was described as a gray or silver pickup truck carrying two males, one wearing a white shirt, and the other being shirtless.
None of the victims were seriously hurt.
Police say if you have seen, or have been hurt in, one of these incidents, please report it to Bristol, Virginia police at 276-645-7400.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City