BRISTOL, Va. - UPDATE 9:40 A.M. - Bristol, Virginia Police have a suspect in custody.
Officers tell News 5 WCYB, the man is being questioned by investigators at the police department.
The victim was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center and is under going surgery.
Investigators have not determined a motive for the stabbing.
We're told charges are pending.
No information about the victim has been released.
It happened in the Rice Terrace "A" building, off of Piedmont Avenue. Police got the call shortly after three o'clock Thursday morning.
Lieutenant TJ Sexton tells News 5 a man was stabbed and taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center. There was no word on his condition or the suspect at this time.
We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial