BRISTOL, Va. - UPDATE 9:40 A.M. - Bristol, Virginia Police have a suspect in custody.
Officers tell News 5 WCYB, the man is being questioned by investigators at the police department.
The victim was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center and is under going surgery.
Investigators have not determined a motive for the stabbing.
We're told charges are pending.
No information about the victim has been released.
It happened in the Rice Terrace "A" building, off of Piedmont Avenue. Police got the call shortly after three o'clock Thursday morning.
Lieutenant TJ Sexton tells News 5 a man was stabbed and taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center. There was no word on his condition or the suspect at this time.
We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations