BRISTOL, Va. - UPDATE 9:40 A.M. - Bristol, Virginia Police have a suspect in custody.
Officers tell News 5 WCYB, the man is being questioned by investigators at the police department.
The victim was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center and is under going surgery.
Investigators have not determined a motive for the stabbing.
We're told charges are pending.
No information about the victim has been released.
It happened in the Rice Terrace "A" building, off of Piedmont Avenue. Police got the call shortly after three o'clock Thursday morning.
Lieutenant TJ Sexton tells News 5 a man was stabbed and taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center. There was no word on his condition or the suspect at this time.
We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect