BRISTOL, Tenn. - We've learned more about a crash that ended with an SUV inside a Kmart store. Police are now saying what they'll use to find a cause for the accident.
The SUV slammed into the Kmart on West State Street just after 7 p.m. on September 5 in Bristol, Tennessee. Police tell us they'll subpoena the driver's medical records, along with arranging for a city mechanic to inspect the vehicle.
Officers say the driver, 72-year-old Patsy MacKenzie of Glade Spring, Virginia, was leaving the parking lot of a business across the street. That's when police say she crashed into the Kmart. Click here to read more.
MacKenzie and her two passengers were taken to the hospital. One passenger is in serious condition and the other is in critical condition.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting