ABINGDON, Va. - A 911 call led to a drug arrest in Abingdon, Virginia Wednesday.
Abingdon Police say an open 911 call was made to dispatch. According to police chief Tony Sullivan, dispatch overheard a drug deal taking place.
When police responded to the area where the call was made, which was Madison Street and Kings Mountain Drive, they found the suspect in a parking lot and questioned him about the drug transaction.
34-year-old Steven Robinson was charged with drug possession. He has since been released on a unsecured $5,000 bond.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon