ABINGDON, Va. - A 911 call led to a drug arrest in Abingdon, Virginia Wednesday.
Abingdon Police say an open 911 call was made to dispatch. According to police chief Tony Sullivan, dispatch overheard a drug deal taking place.
When police responded to the area where the call was made, which was Madison Street and Kings Mountain Drive, they found the suspect in a parking lot and questioned him about the drug transaction.
34-year-old Steven Robinson was charged with drug possession. He has since been released on a unsecured $5,000 bond.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School