ABINGDON, Va. - A 911 call led to a drug arrest in Abingdon, Virginia Wednesday.
Abingdon Police say an open 911 call was made to dispatch. According to police chief Tony Sullivan, dispatch overheard a drug deal taking place.
When police responded to the area where the call was made, which was Madison Street and Kings Mountain Drive, they found the suspect in a parking lot and questioned him about the drug transaction.
34-year-old Steven Robinson was charged with drug possession. He has since been released on a unsecured $5,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City