ABINGDON, Va. - A 911 call led to a drug arrest in Abingdon, Virginia Wednesday.
Abingdon Police say an open 911 call was made to dispatch. According to police chief Tony Sullivan, dispatch overheard a drug deal taking place.
When police responded to the area where the call was made, which was Madison Street and Kings Mountain Drive, they found the suspect in a parking lot and questioned him about the drug transaction.
34-year-old Steven Robinson was charged with drug possession. He has since been released on a unsecured $5,000 bond.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction