ABINGDON, Va. - A 911 call led to a drug arrest in Abingdon, Virginia Wednesday.
Abingdon Police say an open 911 call was made to dispatch. According to police chief Tony Sullivan, dispatch overheard a drug deal taking place.
When police responded to the area where the call was made, which was Madison Street and Kings Mountain Drive, they found the suspect in a parking lot and questioned him about the drug transaction.
34-year-old Steven Robinson was charged with drug possession. He has since been released on a unsecured $5,000 bond.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect