BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia Police said they charged a mother suspected of leaving her infant in a car for nearly an hour.
Officers said a witness heard the baby crying in a car outside a store on Euclid Avenue around 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
The witness found the windows down and the doors unlocked. They waited 45 minutes for someone to come back to the car, according to police.
The witness held the baby and called police when no one arrived. Officers found the baby's mother, Ashley Hamby, inside a store. She is charged with felony child endangerment.
The baby was placed into temporary custody with a family member.
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween