BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia Police said they charged a mother suspected of leaving her infant in a car for nearly an hour.
Officers said a witness heard the baby crying in a car outside a store on Euclid Avenue around 9:00 p.m. Sunday.
The witness found the windows down and the doors unlocked. They waited 45 minutes for someone to come back to the car, according to police.
The witness held the baby and called police when no one arrived. Officers found the baby's mother, Ashley Hamby, inside a store. She is charged with felony child endangerment.
The baby was placed into temporary custody with a family member.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport