BRISTOL, Tenn. - A driver faces charges following an accident with a school bus in Bristol, Tennessee.
According to Bristol, Tennessee Police, at 7:30 a.m. Friday a pickup driver lost control on Beaver Creek Road. The truck crossed the center line and hit the bus at a right angle.
Police said the bus driver and 14 students were on the bus. No one was hurt. The children were all placed on another bus and taken to school.
After the crash, police charged the driver of the pickup truck, 33-year-old Chad Silva of Piney Flats, with driving on a suspended license, failure to provide proof of insurance, and failure to exercise due care.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect