BRISTOL, Tenn. - A driver faces charges following an accident with a school bus in Bristol, Tennessee.
According to Bristol, Tennessee Police, at 7:30 a.m. Friday a pickup driver lost control on Beaver Creek Road. The truck crossed the center line and hit the bus at a right angle.
Police said the bus driver and 14 students were on the bus. No one was hurt. The children were all placed on another bus and taken to school.
After the crash, police charged the driver of the pickup truck, 33-year-old Chad Silva of Piney Flats, with driving on a suspended license, failure to provide proof of insurance, and failure to exercise due care.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death