BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some country music stars spent their Valentine's Day giving the gift of life before their concert.
Phil Vassar and the band High Valley had a meet and greet with fans outside the Paramount Center in Bristol, Tennessee on Thursday afternoon before heading into the Marsh Regional Blood Center mobile to donate blood.
Vassar said the donation is all about having a heart and giving some love. "It's something we really need to do. There's always a need for blood," he said. "We've done a lot over the years with these blood mobiles. It really really is important."
Some fans who donated blood got free tickets and backstage passes to the concert Thursday night.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities