BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some country music stars spent their Valentine's Day giving the gift of life before their concert.
Phil Vassar and the band High Valley had a meet and greet with fans outside the Paramount Center in Bristol, Tennessee on Thursday afternoon before heading into the Marsh Regional Blood Center mobile to donate blood.
Vassar said the donation is all about having a heart and giving some love. "It's something we really need to do. There's always a need for blood," he said. "We've done a lot over the years with these blood mobiles. It really really is important."
Some fans who donated blood got free tickets and backstage passes to the concert Thursday night.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon