BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some country music stars spent their Valentine's Day giving the gift of life before their concert.
Phil Vassar and the band High Valley had a meet and greet with fans outside the Paramount Center in Bristol, Tennessee on Thursday afternoon before heading into the Marsh Regional Blood Center mobile to donate blood.
Vassar said the donation is all about having a heart and giving some love. "It's something we really need to do. There's always a need for blood," he said. "We've done a lot over the years with these blood mobiles. It really really is important."
Some fans who donated blood got free tickets and backstage passes to the concert Thursday night.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone