A petition started by a Kingsport man gives Tweetsie Trail officials an ultimatum; allow horses on the trail, or don't allow bikes.
The petition created by Timothy Hopson states that bikes are tearing up the trail more than horses would.
It also suggests that diapers could be sold for the horses at kiosks to prevent waste on the trail.
You can view the petition at https://www.change.org/p/city-of-johnson-city-tn-and-the-tweetsie-trail-allow-horses-on-the-trail-or-take-bikes-off
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next