JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - It's almost time for Jonesborough's Relay for Life, but first they will paint the town purple.
The American Cancer Society is asking downtown Jonesborough to display purple bows, posters, and signs.
Business owners can call the American Cancer Society and have purple materials delivered.
Paint the Town Purple starts July 20th and goes through the actual relay on July 26th.
We talked to relay organizer Jessica Poff about what relay means.
"Everyone has been touched by cancer, everything we do with the American Cancer Society not only goes to life-saving research, but it goes to local patient programs and services," said American Cancer Society representative Jessica Poff. "Here at our office we have a patient service room that provides free wigs, hats, bras."
Poff tells us that purple represents all cancer and it also means hope.
Relay for Life in Jonesborough will have music, games and dance groups.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting