The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5, Miguel Ponce failed to stop at a stop sign at the end of the drive on Green Oak Drive in Unicoi, Tennessee.
That?s when police say his car went over an embankment, and rolled into H & H Auto Sales at the bottom of the hill.
"He hit the pole, went off the embankment, and overturned several times,? says Sergeant Rick Garrison with the THP. ?The driver was not discovered until the business opened this (Saturday) morning.?
Police tell us Ponce had been drinking that night, but since 24 hours had passed since they found him, no DUI charges were issued.
We?re told Ponce was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be ok.
Police say he faces charges of reckless driving, driving without a license and financial responsibility law.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire