BRISTOL, Tenn. - Operation Christmas Child is in full swing and now is the time to drop off your shoeboxes.
We learned the goal this year was to collect at least 2,000 shoeboxes; so far they have just 800.
Organizers will be collecting through Sunday and will be shipping them to the national headquarters on Monday.
Coordinator Sheila Long says these boxes are shipped to different countries every year to try to reach more children across the world.
"It's not just a shoebox; it's a shoebox ministry," she told us. "This year we're anticipating getting over 100 million shoe boxes since 1993," said Long.
They will be accepting boxes at various locations; click here to find out where.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections