ABINGDON, Va. - Traffic crawled along interstate 81 Thursday evening after a crash near Abingdon, Virginia.
It happened around 5 o'clock Thursday afternoon near mile marker 14 in the southbound lanes.
Officers on the scene tell us two vehicles were involved.
One of the drivers was sent to the hospital with minor injuries, there were no passengers in either car.
Officers explain how it all happened.
"We had a temporary lane closure in the right hand lane- it was a mobile lane closure and traffic had to come to a slow pace in the left lane, and when traffic had slowed, the van struck the Tahoe in the rear," says Master Trooper Ritchie Maddox, with Virginia State Police.
We're told charges are pending.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment