BRISTOL, Tenn. - One person was flown to the hospital following a crash this morning on Highway 394 near the entrance to the Bristol Dragway.
Officers say the driver of a Ford Mustang ran off the left side of the road and then over corrected just before 9 a.m.
The car then went through the guardrail on the right side of the road and came to rest against a utility pole.
A female passenger was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center with serious injuries.
Police say the driver was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death