BRISTOL, Tenn. - One person was flown to the hospital following a crash this morning on Highway 394 near the entrance to the Bristol Dragway.
Officers say the driver of a Ford Mustang ran off the left side of the road and then over corrected just before 9 a.m.
The car then went through the guardrail on the right side of the road and came to rest against a utility pole.
A female passenger was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center with serious injuries.
Police say the driver was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin