BRISTOL, Tenn. - One person was flown to the hospital following a crash this morning on Highway 394 near the entrance to the Bristol Dragway.
Officers say the driver of a Ford Mustang ran off the left side of the road and then over corrected just before 9 a.m.
The car then went through the guardrail on the right side of the road and came to rest against a utility pole.
A female passenger was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center with serious injuries.
Police say the driver was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer