BRISTOL, Tenn. - One person was flown to the hospital following a crash this morning on Highway 394 near the entrance to the Bristol Dragway.
Officers say the driver of a Ford Mustang ran off the left side of the road and then over corrected just before 9 a.m.
The car then went through the guardrail on the right side of the road and came to rest against a utility pole.
A female passenger was flown to the Johnson City Medical Center with serious injuries.
Police say the driver was not hurt.
The investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project