KINGSPORT, Tenn. - One person is dead after an officer involved shooting in Kingsport.
Detective Cpl. Frank Light says it happened just after 12:30 Saturday morning.
Police received a call to be on the lookout for a suspect, possibly connected to a shooting in Hawkins County.
Kingsport Police say they spotted the suspect on Main Street and stopped the car.
According to police reports, the driver of the car would not comply with verbal commands.
Police say after 34 minutes, they approached the car.
That?s when officer say the driver pointed a gun at officers and police fired their weapons.
Light says a Kingsport Police Officer killed the suspect.
The name of the suspect has not been released.
TBI is investigating.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial