KINGSPORT, Tenn. - One person is dead after an officer involved shooting in Kingsport.
Detective Cpl. Frank Light says it happened just after 12:30 Saturday morning.
Police received a call to be on the lookout for a suspect, possibly connected to a shooting in Hawkins County.
Kingsport Police say they spotted the suspect on Main Street and stopped the car.
According to police reports, the driver of the car would not comply with verbal commands.
Police say after 34 minutes, they approached the car.
That?s when officer say the driver pointed a gun at officers and police fired their weapons.
Light says a Kingsport Police Officer killed the suspect.
The name of the suspect has not been released.
TBI is investigating.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin