On this day: October 21
Magellan discovers the strait that would bear his name, Edison tests his light bulb, Carlton Fisk waves his World Series home run fair, and Keith Moon plays his last show with The Who, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?