On this day: October 18
Herman Melville's masterpiece is printed, the U.S. takes possession of Alaska and Puerto Rico, "West Side Story" premieres, and Reggie Jackson goes deep three times in the World Series, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy