On this day: May 9
Ben Franklin prints his "Join, or Die" political cartoon, the FDA approves the first oral contraceptive, impeachment hearings for President Nixon begin, and "Golden Girls" airs its final episode, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer
- Man attacked by owl on morning run
- Man cited for eating burger while driving
- Hundreds of birds covered in mystery 'goop'