On this day: May 22
A former U.S. vice president is indicted for treason, the most powerful earthquake ever recorded hits Chile, "Pac-Man" makes his debut, Johnny Carson signs off, and a deadly tornado devastates Joplin, Mo., all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Funeral home offers drive-thru visitation
- Daredevil dachshund 'loves' first skydive
- 'Nude' women's cycling uniforms raise eyebrows
- Coyote found napping in Ariz. fireplace
- Pizza Hut outlet drops 'free small animal' deal
- Pomeranian disappears: Did he become dinner?
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal
- Teen petitions to get cat, lasers in yearbook photo
- Deputy suspended for using taekwondo kick on inmate