On this day: May 22
A former U.S. vice president is indicted for treason, the most powerful earthquake ever recorded hits Chile, "Pac-Man" makes his debut, Johnny Carson signs off, and a deadly tornado devastates Joplin, Mo., all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed