Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: May 20
POSTED: 5:26 PM May 17 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM May 20 2014
Vasco da Gama arrives in India, Christopher Columbus dies, Norman Rockwell makes his Saturday Evening Post cover debut, HIV is discovered, and "Cheers" airs its series finale, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Man wins 2 $1 million jackpots in 3 months
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated