Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: May 20
POSTED: 5:26 PM May 17 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM May 20 2014
Vasco da Gama arrives in India, Christopher Columbus dies, Norman Rockwell makes his Saturday Evening Post cover debut, HIV is discovered, and "Cheers" airs its series finale, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Marijuana advocate ousted from church
- Fugitive found 'enjoying a bowl of salad' in closet
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes