Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: May 20
POSTED: 5:26 PM May 17 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM May 20 2014
Vasco da Gama arrives in India, Christopher Columbus dies, Norman Rockwell makes his Saturday Evening Post cover debut, HIV is discovered, and "Cheers" airs its series finale, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water