On this day: May 10
The First Transcontinental Railroad is completed, "Rock Around the Clock" is released, The Incredible Hulk makes his debut, Wilt Chamberlain plays his last game, and Nelson Mandela is inaugurated, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated
- Naked thieves steal 60 burgers from Florida eatery