On this day: March 6
The Alamo falls, the Supreme Court rules in the Dred Scott case, the Oreo cookie and Silly Putty are introduced, Mike Tyson wins in his pro debut, and Eric Clapton enters the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a third time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Even Taylor Swift's silence is golden
- Company hires tailor to enlarge iPhone owners' pockets
- Marijuana advocate ousted from church
- Fugitive found 'enjoying a bowl of salad' in closet
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user