On this day: March 6
The Alamo falls, the Supreme Court rules in the Dred Scott case, the Oreo cookie and Silly Putty are introduced, Mike Tyson wins in his pro debut, and Eric Clapton enters the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a third time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated
- Naked thieves steal 60 burgers from Florida eatery