On this day: March 6
The Alamo falls, the Supreme Court rules in the Dred Scott case, the Oreo cookie and Silly Putty are introduced, Mike Tyson wins in his pro debut, and Eric Clapton enters the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a third time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia
- City to remove ban on being annoying
- Dog tries to run for mayor
- Can Facebook tell you where to live?
- Your name can now be 'Travolta-fied'
- Man selling home for Dogecoins