Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: March 18
POSTED: 1:41 AM Mar 13 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Mar 18 2014
Britain repeals the Stamp Act, Lord Stanley announces plans for a hockey cup, a cosmonaut goes for the first space walk, and OPEC ends its oil embargo against the United States, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Woman swallows stolen ring to 'hide it'
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)